- Investment will further digitise Bridgestone EMEA’s manufacturing processes
- Eight European plants across Poland, Hungary, Spain, Italy and France will be transformed
- Four-year project will be rolled-out from 2019 onwards
- Supports Bridgestone EMEA’s transformation into a mobility solutions leader
- Enliten reduces the rolling resistance of a tyre by up to 20% to reduce vehicle fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
- The technology enables tyres to be reduced in weight by 10%, with no trade-off on wear life.
- Enliten also improves the vehicle’s handling and stability to increase driving pleasure.
In 2018, Bridgestone, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company, was chosen to provide over 120 new original equipment fitments in EMEA. This represents an increase of more than 30 per cent. The fitments are spread across more than 40 different models from 15 different manufacturers.
The first tyre manufacturer to introduce run flats in the 80s, Bridgestone continues to pioneer the technology with product line roll-out
Bridgestone, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company, is committed to provide solutions to the real problems drivers face on the roads. Journeys interrupted by a punctured or damaged tyre cause delays, inconveniences and can lead to dangerous situations. To combat this issue, Bridgestone has today announced the expansion of its proprietary and revolutionary DriveGuard Run-Flat Technology (RFT), becoming available on its main product lines as of November 2018. This is a leap forward for everyday drivers in terms of safety, convenience and peace of mind as DriveGuard RFT will allow them to keep going even in case of a puncture.